I was supposed to be interviewing Shantelle on misdiagnosis but we went OFF TOPIC hardcore. I’ve kept the audio because it’s a rant about Mum life that I have with friends at pick up/drop off.
– Shantelle’s GP was blown aware on her disclosure of the self hatred that comes to ADHD.
– Why is it that when a Mum goes to the GP or seeks help she is just told she has post natal depression
rather than tested for anything else?
– Should we overhaul the Australian education system?
– Why is the process to get medication for ADHD so bloody unfriendly to ADHD people
– Shantelle’s misdiagnosis story and how anti depressants didn’t work for her.
– Should we medicate our kids? (Jane and Shantelle’s personal opinions)
– Meeting ourselves and our kids where we are at THAT day – not where society thinks we should be
**I wasn’t planning on publishing this audio so Shantelle and I have been swearing like sailors throughout
and when thinking about medication you should always consult your treating professional**
Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/jane-mcfadden/message