Jane is joined by Deanna Reynolds, an ADHD Tutor and student teacher. Deanna has ADHD herself, lives on the Sunshine Coast with her husband (teacher) and her two kids. They discuss the difficulties kids face in the classroom when learning the same material as other neurotypical kids.
– The impact the classroom has on self esteem for children.
– The reason people with ADHD share with their own personal stories rather than just listening.
– Irrelevant thoughts in kids, why kids come off as ‘unfocused’ – when actually their sharing makes complete sense to them and actually shows them
trying to understand.
– How can we create more confidence in our children to ask teachers for help when they don’t understand.
– Therapy and ADHD Tutors can be expensive, time consuming and draining. How do we find the best solution for our children?
– What can we do as parents to help our children in the classroom?
Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/jane-mcfadden/message