Jane interviews Shantelle Poynter (her most regular guest) on self hatred and ADHD.
– Why is there self hatred and shame within so many adults with ADHD, particularly those who were late diagnosed?
– If there is a huge amount of undiagnosed women with ADHD out there, are they all walking around with shame, guilt and self hatred
and if that’s the case – that might be related to addiction, eating disorders, depression and anxiety.
– Is the opposite of addiction – connection?
– Self hatred and our kids – how can we teach them to value themselves?
– Friendship pyramid theory for our kids, when to share secrets and private information and when not to share.
– Do we put pressure on ourselves to behave like neurotypical people with neurotypical children – Jane took her kids to Australia Zoo in school hols – why did she do that? She backed it up with an orthodontist appointment after that. Is this lack of compassion we feel for ourselves because of self hatred?
– Shantelle discusses how she is setting up her next weekend away completely differently to what she has ever done before and is hoping she will have cracked
the code on how to holiday with kids.
Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/jane-mcfadden/message