Jane interviews Sharon Collin from ‘The Functional Family’ on relationships.
Sharon has a ADHD husband and three sons with ADHD, she herself is neurotypical.
Sharon has studied ADHD heavily and built a coaching business and family membership around it.
– Sharon and Jane discuss the frustration, anger and common problems that occur between two different
brains managing a house hold.
– Sharon discusses the changes in her attitude over time, how she looks at her husband with curiosity not
frustration. There is always a danger to nag or ‘mother’ an ADHD person – this is a romance killer!
– What attracted Sharon to her husband
– What Sharon’s husband went through as a child at school – being labelled ‘naughty’
and the kid that no one wanted to hang out with. Sharon is determined this will not happen to her sons.
– Sharon talks on forgiveness and patience and learning to accept the whole person.
– Sharon talks on ‘Predictable Problems,’ what they are and how they impact a relationship.
– Jane and Sharon talk about dynamics that can eat away at your relationship.
– The invisible mother load and how having ADHD impacts this.
– Jane and Sharon talk about ‘family meetings’ once a week (template available on Sharon’s website)
– Jane and Sharon talk about how different brains listen and solve problems.
– What are you good at – let’s all play to our strengths.
– Tap in and out with your husband or partner
– Horrifying example of Sharon husband selling car out from underneath her LOLZ!!
– Jane shares a personal struggle she is struggling with and Sharon helps sorts her out.
Serious question: Can Sharon marry me ?? Why is she so accepting? I need to be more like that.
Check out Sharon at https://www.thefunctionalfamily.com/
https://www.thefunctionalfamily.com/blog/letscallafamilymeeting (family meeting template)
Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/jane-mcfadden/message