Jane interviews Jess Burgess (Psychologist) on this expert view on Anxiety and ADHD.
(Fast forward first 5mins if you don’t want to hear about Jess and Jane friendship and surfing careers lolz).
– How are anxiety and adhd are linked
– Jess explains working memory about why people with ADHD struggle with it.
– How beliefs form
– Why people are often treated for anxiety instead of ADHD and what benefits that has.
– Where does anxiety begin ?
– Environment vs genetic
– Stress on the ADHD Mum to do early intervention whilst digesting their own diagnosis.
– Jess discusses strategies for anxiety for Mum’s and also families.
– Boundaries and how they impact on anxiety.
– Why self care is important for our kids to SEE us do.
– Jane discusses one of her largest problems, her to do list, her need to be productive
and her to do list obsession and the anxiety that goes hand in hand with that.
– Jess discusses the cycle of anxiety and how we can get out of it.
App suggested by Jane
Ourpact —> Jane uses this app to use parental controls on her kids iPads .
Send in a voice message: https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/jane-mcfadden/message